Setting up an account in a client programm on iOS mobile phone
To set up an e-mail account in a built in client programm in your mobile phone, you need such settings:
- Your e-mail adress - full e-mail adress, including "@" sign and domain name (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Password - actual password, which is used to enter Your mailbox,
- User Name - for example, "andrejs",
Incoming mail server:
- POP3 server - mail.inbox.lv
- IMAP server - mail.inbox.lv
Outgoing mail server (SMTP server):
- Port of POP3s server: 995 (using SSL encryption) More about POP3s
- Port of IMAPs server: 993 (using SSL encryption)
- Port of SMTPs server with TLS support: 587 or 25. More about TLS
*These ports are closed to use for security reasons: POP3 port 110. More
Also you need to allow POP3 access in your mailbox at www.inbox.lv:
- enter your mailbox, go to "Options", choose section "Email forwarding, mail programs, SMS alerts" and tick "Enable external POP3 and SMTP access", then do not foget to click "Save options".
If you will not enable pop3 access, you will get an error message about username or password on your mobile phone.
How to set up e-mail on device with iOS operating system:
1. Enter phone Settings,
2. choose "Mail, Contacts, Calendars",
3. press "Аdd Account"
4. then "Add Mail Account"
5. in a field "Name" enter your username, in "E-mail" - your complete e-mail address, "Password" - your password, then press "Next",
6. in a next window you have to fill in "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server" sections:
* in a "Host name" for incoming mail server you have to enter "mail.inbox.lv", (the same for POP3 and IMAP)
* in a "Host name" for outgoing mail server you have to enter "mail.inbox.lv" (the same for POP3 and IMAP).
Then it is obligate to press "Save", to see that account has been added.
7. scroll down the screen till you see "Outgoing Mail Server" and press "SMTP"
8. near the option "Primary server (mail.inbox.lv)" tap "on"
9. switch on "Use SSL" option and check that at the "Authentification" is chosen "Password".
If you were unable to find answer for your question, please write to email@example.com