Android Studio program for application error detection
In some cases, in order to find out the causes of the unusual problem and fix it, the technical service inbox.lv requires more detailed information, which can only be obtained with your help.
Due to the fact that this problem is specific and detected only on your computer, we suggest you to use a special program called Android Studio, by which you can find out the error that occurred in the application. To help the technical department determine the cause of the problem, please follow the instructions below.
Activate Developer Options on your phone:
Make sure your phone has Developer Options. To each phone Developer Options activation may be different, in most cases, they can be activated as follows:
(!) Huawei P9 phones, you can do the following.
Install the Android Studio application on your computer:
5. Close the "Main activity.java" and "activity_main.xml" pages next to (on the right);
6. Navigate all directories to the left and activate only Gradle Scripts,
7. At the bottom of the page, click on "Android Monitor"
8. Connect the phone to the USB cable. When the phone is connected to the USB cable and the message "Allow USB debugging?" appears, press OK.
9. After clicking on OK -> on your screen starts to display debug info, in the tab "Android Monitor",
11. Clear all debug info on your computer by clicking on the "Clear logcat" icon. The debug information must be cleared in order to have only the required error information available.
12. Try to repeat the problem,
13. If the application succeeds in repeating the error:
14. Send two .txt files to us at email email@example.com with a brief description or as an answer to our letter.
If you were unable to find answer for your question, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org