For user convenience Inbox.lv is offering the automatic copying of the mail from mail servers and other providers (Google/Hotmail/Yahoo) to your inbox.lv mailbox.
To activate this function the user will need to go to the "Options" section and then to "Connecting other mailboxes".
It is necessary to specify the server address as well as the user name and password of the User's mailbox. After entering the data select "Save options", then the test connection to the server will be carried out.
In case of error make sure the portal allows the POP3/IMAP access, as not all portals provide this service.
The copying of the mail to your inbox.lv mailbox is performed automatically every 10 minutes.
POP3/IMAP settings of the popular portals:
- Google Gmail (POP3) - pop.gmail.com
- Yahoo (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Lycos Mail (POP3) - pop.mail.lycos.com
- AOL (IMAP) - imap.aol.com
- Mail.com (POP3) - pop1.mail.com
- Netscape Internet Service (POP3) - pop.3.isp.netscape.com
- Tiscali (POP3) - pop.tiscali.com
- Freeserve (POP3) - pop.freeserve.com
- Supanet (POP3) - pop.supanet.com
With questions about POP3/IMAP settings contact the portal's information service. In the event of POP3 protocol connection the mail in the remote server will be deleted.
To keep the mail on the remote server select the "Leave mail on server" item.