Biometric authentication is one of the methods how you can authorize into your mailbox. Based on a person's biometric identifier, which can include a fingerprint, voice, face and other options.
(!) Unfortunately, this technology is not supported in many old operating systems (for example, Android 6.0 or lower), built-in or old browsers, as well as on some models of mobile phones.
Only 2 step to set up this access!
STEP1: Configuring biometric authentication on your device
Set up any convenient biometric authentication for you on your phone or your tablet or laptop. It can be either a simple PIN code, or a fingerprint or something else, depending on the capabilities of your device and your desire.
Example, Samsumg S9+ phone:
Phone Settings -> Lock screen -> Screen lock type -> PIN or / and Fingerprints
STEP2: Connecting biometric authentication to your Mail
1. Go to your mailbox, for example, through Google Chrome browser or Safari (from version 14 and above)
2. Go to your profile
3. Select the "Alternative Access" section
4. Click on the "Add" button in the "Biometric authentication" section
5. If “Biometric authentication” is used on your device, the device will suggest you to add this method for authorization to your mailbox. If you have several biometric accesses (for example, PIN and fingerprint), you only need to enter one of them.
6. If everything was done correctly, information about your device will be added. If necessary, you can always delete this authorization method by clicking on the "Delete" button next to your device.
Login to mailbox via biometric authentication
The next time you log in to the mail, try to log in via biometric access using the same Google Chrome browser, Safari (from version 14 and higher) or any other browser that you used when adding biometrics to your mailbox.
In case you did not find your answer, please write to email@example.com